You Should Celebrate St. Urho's Day If...
There are many reasons that people partake in the St. Urho’s Day tradition. Check to see if any apply to you:
- You are Finnish.
- You know, or have heard of, someone who’s Finnish.
- You hate grasshoppers.
- You like grapes and/or wine.
- You enjoy learning to say “Go to Hell” in another language.
- You have fun at parades, parties, dances, and celebrations.
- You know how to properly pronounce the word “sauna.”
- Your favorite saints are imaginary.
- You’re looking for a prelude to another celebration (which shall remain nameless).
- You love small towns and the super fun events they hold each year!
If you checked one or more of these, you are an honorary Finn on St. Urho’s Day – join the fun!